Old June 2nd 20, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Real-Time U.S. Composite Satellite Imagery: Large Animation

Kerry wrote on 6/2/2020 10:50 AM:
Great point. Been using the last 2 GOES hi-res satellites since, I think, Walt Wx posted them. Some beta sites for those are still active and offer additional weather and navigational overlays.

Any cleaver techies out there that could find a way to stream this product into a glider at altitude? I looked into Stratus, Sirius and direct satellite (ADS-B?) but don't see they offer this.

I sometimes get my referenced high resolution satellite image website in the air
on my phone, but Verizon isn't always available, or isn't fast enough (though
texts might still work).