Old June 3rd 20, 01:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

Default Nano4 won't talk to PC

On Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 12:36:57 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 12:24:51 PM UTC-4, Craig Funston wrote:
On Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 6:55:25 AM UTC-7, kinsell wrote:
On 6/2/20 6:59 AM, wrote:
I've gotten the "device recognized" bong tone with some charge only cables, but no data transfer.

Windows: The World's best selling virus.

Roger that. In the far past, I've been able to fix a problem like this
by removing the USB drivers and letting the system reinstall. But he's
already tried a different computer, so maybe not the issue here.

One more data point for the Nano4 being picky about USB cables. I've resorted to painting the end of the "special" Nano cable so it doesn't disappear into the sea of seemingly identical cables that accumulate over time.

Craig
JN

So what's different about the "special" cable?

Not sure what's different. I tried the half dozen or so that I had around, found one that worked and marked it. It's possible some of the cables are charge only, but didn't do exhaustive testing.