Old January 27th 05, 09:22 PM
Michel Talon

Yurek wrote:
Hi Michel,

Concerning the pricing, it is obvious that a Ferrari performance can
not be sold with a Fiat price.

Sorry, but the main attraction of a glider built in Poland is that
the work force is much cheaper. I understand that the Diana uses high tech
materials, but this doesn't grant the privilege of charging Ferrari's prices.

For details you should take a look on the site of US-dealer of Diana,
Jerry Zieba - http://www.dianasailplanes.com/ or write to :

You will find the Diana-2 datas & performances, following the
constructors calculation, he
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/yankee-romeo...ages/perfo.jpg
At this time they are in French, sorry ! But you can already have an
idea of it.

I am French so i can read that. I had understood that the Diana 2 was able to
do 50/1 and perhaps 52/1 which is around 10 points better than the Discus,
hence so incredibly wonderful that i cannot even beleive it!

We can speak however about some performances, which were already
confirmed by first test flights.
The behavior at low speed was confirmed as being very well, Diana-2
proved that it may be hold until 60 km/h (32 knots). Seeing the images
from Bielsko, you can easily understand that with this full-size test
pilot, the glider was not at its minimal flying weight... (here a
short thought of those who seem to be obsessed with the small size of
cockpit, and the place which could eventually take theirs behind in
it).
The excellent maneuvrability was confirmed as well.

Yes, this says nothing about the propension to spin. People have discussed
thoroughly this subject here, let me say that if a glider has a confirmed
propension to spin, first people will be killed, and second, clubs will not
buy it, whatever its qualities in other domains. Clubs don't want to kill
their members, and lose their gliders. If the Diana happens to be both
expensive and dangerous, it will not sell, period.

--

Michel TALON