Old February 26th 04, 03:08 PM
Doug

I agree, all you need is the heat pad. But you can't leave it plugged
in all the time, you have to plug it in a few hours before the flight.

Newps wrote in message news:XUa%b.59118$4o.77556@attbi_s52...
Tom Sixkiller wrote:

What kind of bird?

F33A with IO-550 upgrade.

Ya put two glue on oil sump heater pads on that 550, wrap the whole
thing in a Kennon cowl cover and your pre heat problems are solved. If
I have to park outside they both get plugged in, if I'm in my hangar
then just one. After a few hours the oil is at 100F and each and every
CHT and EGT is 80F. All for less than half of that Tanis and Reiff
crap. Plus have you seen what all those cords look like under the cowl
after a few years of use? You will be replacing, splicing, etc.
They're always in the way when it comes to maintenence thereby costing
you more money.