Old April 29th 04, 08:00 PM
robert arndt

(Denyav) wrote in message ...
Ahh, that's so sad. Maybe in the future we should buy German Puma IFVs
instead:

http://www.kmweg.de/english/Schuezen...a_content.html

LAV itself is based on a swiss MOWAG design.

Shhh... don't tell that to the "Made in the USA/USA Number 1" club who
like to pretend all our stuff originated here. History also proves
that when superior foreign equipment is offered to the US military it
usually is rejected to keep inferior US companies that are facing
possible extinction in business. Those same companies then overbill
the military at the taxpayers expense. A big price to pay for draping
a US flag over military procurement.
I bet the HK XM-8 rifle doesn't get accepted here either... even
though it is clearly superior to anything Colt has to offer and at a
much lower price tag too!

Rob