Old November 12th 09, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
PCool

Default I am in the market for a new glider again

Me too, I love the DG300. We have some of them at the club, and Discus and
Discus2. I chose to fly the club class with the dg300.
It is much more comfortable than the discus, it has the same performance in
glide than a discus , granted. But it does NOT climb like a discus in weak
thermals. Discus is like an automatic gear car. DG300 is manual gear. Over
Discus, dg300 has 2 advantages: 1- an higher wheel if you do an outlanding.
2- a 25kmh slower speed for landing.
For the same price or something similar, of course it's better to get a
discus, but if you get a cheap DG300 you are going to get a nice machine!

paolo

"brianDG303" ha scritto nel messaggio
On Nov 11, 1:11 pm, T8 wrote:
On Nov 11, 3:09 pm, glider25 wrote:

I fly the DG300, and I think I can give you an unbiased report. They
are said by everyone to not win contests, and I have no reason not to
believe that is true. They are VERY comfortable, very easy to fly,
hate to spin, don't much like to stall either, just a really fun and
easy ship. So, if it is winning you are after, I expect you will look
to other gliders. But if fun and safe and easy to fly are more
important keep it on the list.

Safe = predictable, easy stall when they stall, can take off with the
canopy AND the spoilers unlocked without a problem, auto hook-ups.

Brian