Old September 1st 18, 01:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Hard wax v/s liquid wax

On Friday, August 31, 2018 at 11:38:56 PM UTC-4, Soartech wrote:
Getting back to "what is hard wax?" M&H tells me it is also known as Jeweler's rouge, a stick of a very hard wax that contains a very fine abrasive such as iron oxide (reddish brown) and is used with a cloth wheel to polish metals (or gelcoat).
It is totally different from softer, protective waxes such as paste wax, Carnuba, etc. and is used as a polishing agent, not for protection.

The rouge provides polishing action and the wax carrier is deposited on, and worked into the surface by the resulting heat of polishing. This seals the gelcoat.
After completing, I usually go over with Scotchgard Marine Liquid wax to do final clean up and provide added protection. I think M&H does the same thing.
UH