Old August 20th 16, 08:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Byker

Default World's Largest Aircraft Takes Off for the First Time, Still Looks Like a Butt - Airlander 10.jpg ...

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in message
news

Too bad Airlander couldn't afford an aesthetical designer...

There is this matter of money.

CargoLifter AG, erected a $110 million airship hangar measuring 1,181 feet
long .

All Hangar, No Blimp:
www.forbes.com/forbes/2002/0429/042.html

Apr 29, 2002 - CargoLifter says the building will serve not just as a hangar
but as the manufacturing site for the first of 50 giant CL160 airships.

The came the elections:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GV3PxF3oww

Soundbites translated:

"The total investment of the CargoLifter project is about four hundred
million euro and the reason why the company filed for insolvency is very
easy to explain. CargoLifter ran out of money on its way from the idea to
the final product."

"We had to release about 560 people who were employed here. Concerning the
region I'm depending on figures I got from the head of the administration of
Spreewald Dahme. He said that in the area of Dahme Spreewald another 500
people are affected who worked at service an supply companies."

"My future is not clear. Maybe a temporary project, maybe there will be a
new investor found, one has to wait. I'm now 52-years-old. It will be
difficult for me to find a new job. We will see."

"I came here to sell food for the builders who worked at CargoLifter but now
it seems that CargoLifter is bust. That means it is the end for me too. If
there are no more visitors coming to CargoLifter I have to leave too because
I cannot live off the sixty citizens in the village of Brand."