Old July 29th 03, 02:54 AM
Sydney Hoeltzli

Michael 182 wrote:

"Snowbird" wrote in message
om...

"Michael 182" wrote in message
news:W3cVa.166058$N7.22674@sccrnsc03...

Yeah, I liked that part as well. Not to mention that a failed alternator
hardly qualifies as an emergency landing situation...

Judge it when you're there.

Right, cause no one in this group ever expresses opinions...

You know what they say "opinions are like a**holes everyone has
one". But you asked for it, you got it.

I've been IMC with an electrical system we voluntarily shut down
'cuz smoke was coming out of the panel. Sure seemed like a
potential emergency to me though lucky for us it didn't play
out that way.

My point was there are a number of factors which could make
a failed alternator an emergency landing situation IMHO.

So IMO, YO that "a failed alternator hardly qualifies as an
emergency landing situation" based on very limited info, is
pure bunk.

Toyota,
Sydney