Old September 18th 10, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default How high can you fly?

Mark wrote:
On Sep 18, 5:19Â*pm, wrote:
Mark wrote:
On Sep 18, 1:37Â*pm, wrote:
Mark wrote:
Ok, it's the year 2016. You are in a little Cessna 150.
You're plane isn't pressurized because it will implode,
so you're wearing a pressurized body suit. You have
an oxygen mask. You plane is powered by a very
powerful brushless electric motor supplied by a 20lb
carbon nanotube source that is basically limitless.
Your powerplant is equivalent to 700hp in an LSA.
The electric motor and cabin are heated.

How high can you fly? 95,000ft?

Gibberish.

Eludication: my sentence ends in a question mark. The figure
was discriminate and taken from reference to U-2 heights.
Airfoils stop working in thin density. I asked when.

I wan't talking about the last sentence; your entire post is gibberish.

Little airplanes aren't presurized because the seals to keep things like
doors and windows from leaking are heavy. A soda can can hold 100 psi.

Little planes aren't pressurized because the ones I'm proposing
aren't currently able to reach anywhere near these elevations. Given
the heights I'm proposing, the airframe will buckle if the cabin is
pressurized. Fact.

If the airplane went into space and the interior were pressurized to sea
level, the pressure diffential would be about 14 psi.

The extremely thin aluminum in a soda can holds a pressure differential
of 100 psi.

The Apollo craft were pressurized and the skin on them is so thin the
average person could punch a hole through it bare handed.

You are full of crap.

And you bet the electric motor is heated, you will play hell keeping it
cool, even at altitude.

Brushless DC motors are different from conventional ones.

All motors have loss and the loss shows up as heat.

Cooling things at altitude is a problem because even though the air is cold,
it is very thin and you have to move a lot of it.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.- Hide quoted text -

I studied the topic of service ceilings as well as ramifications
of what can occur at this elevation. Do the same and find
out about airframe distortion, pressure loss and break-ups.
It's aviation 101, not Coke can 101. You can stand on an
upright egg collection. You can stand on a coke can. Your
anologys are laughable. Spacecraft are made different
than Cessnas.

Babbling nonsense.

Read for content. Air density and cooling aren't relevant
to a sealed unit.

Cooling is especially relevant for heat producing sealed units.

Are you sure you aren't around 12 years old?

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.