Old May 14th 19, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default OAT sensor placement

I've installed them in 3 gliders.Â* In the LS-6a and the LAK-17a, I
installed them in the nose vent.Â* My Stemme has a NACA vent on the under
side of the fuselage just about where the pilot's knees are. There's a
removable panel which grants access to the inner surface of the vent.Â* I
simply drilled the proper size hole, glued the temperature probe in the
hole, and ran the wires to the instrument panel.Â* Easy peasy!

On 5/14/2019 8:39 AM, Rob Shepherd wrote:
Where would be the best place to install an OAT sensor?

I'm assuming somewhere on the underside of the glider but out of the
airstream.

Constructive comments appreciated.

Cheers
Rob