Old May 16th 19, 08:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Default Rudder pedal S-tubes

On Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 12:11:43 AM UTC+3, wrote:
65 years ago a Boeing Tec-Rep told me; “Aircraft were designed by geniuses to be operated by idiots”! Looks like nothing much has changed at Boeing.
Questioning a manufactures design decisions is not a bad thing, even with something as simple as altering rudder pedal angle.
JJ

Yes it is. Rudder, cables and springs are a system that has eigenfrequency. They can and will flutter at some point. I bet next someone will come up with idea that you can actually cut off the control stick and welding a steering wheel in place. So much more comfortable to fly!