Old April 23rd 06, 10:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default IAP without inbound course?

Jose wrote:

I suggested the "drill instructor" was being silly if he was looking
for the answer to be "that one DME ARC IAP."

I disagree.

To bust somebody on a question like that would have been more than
silly. However, =asking= the question, as a "bonus question", is a way
of examining people's unstated assumptions about flight and the
environment in which we aviate. This is always a good thing.

Jose

I agree, asking the question is appropriate and thought-provoking. But,
if the "drill instructor" was thinking in terms of DME ARC IAPs, then
that was silly. But, as I said at the beginning, he may have been
thinking of ASR and PAR.

In any case, based on the information available, there is a tad of
speculation going on here.