Old June 12th 04, 12:13 PM
Michael Horowitz

Default Taylorcraft: Potential project available

Folks -

I had an 'incident' with my T'craft last month. We've been totaling
up the costs and up until yesterday things looked good, then we took
what the A&P called a "dial-out' reading on the engine and it is out
of limits by .004. I don't know if that was there when I bought the
a/c or was due to the prop strike (wooden prop does not appear to be
hurt).

Anyway, because the engine needs to be taken apart, the a/c will
probably be totaled; the insurance may well offer it back to me, but I
don't have the resources to put her back into shape. On the other hand
I don't think the salvagers would have any love for her.

If you are interested in stepping between the insurance company and
the salvagers, drop me a line and I'll advise the insurance company
you are interested in owning it.

Regards, Mike