Old August 16th 18, 04:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Perlan High Altitude Tow Plane

Ramy wrote on 8/15/2018 8:13 PM:
Typo aside, am I the only one somewhat disappointed to learn that the plan is to tow the Perlan to 50,000 feet, or I missread the article? I was kind of hoping the Perlan is capable of climbing to 90K from a reasonable tow altitude.

Ramy

My understanding is the Egret has that capability, but they don't plan to use it
routinely.