Old March 30th 04, 11:19 AM
John Keeney

"Krztalizer" wrote in message
Agree, OJ - it might have been an
off-hand comment, inconsequential in terms of the thrust of the
entire show.] Neither, probably, did the producers, or the
History Channel. All they could do was present the interview as
a FWIW and let the viewer make their own call.

I've seen RAF veterans recall how they witnessed "rocket flak" roaring

around
the skies over Berlin in 1944, similar statements about encounters with Me

163s
_at night_. When these guys were young and going through terrifying

ordeals,
they saw something that left an indelible imprint, however, it was not

what
they thought. But after 6 decades of their minds trying to sort out what

it
was, its sometimes impossible (and unkind) to successfully convince the

witness
that their memory has failed them.

When I looked at the photos my niece's husband brought back from
Iraq, he had the pictures labeled. One showed three C-17s at some
airport he was making a supply run to labeled as C-5s. As it was a
recent thing, with photos, it was quite easy to correct the identification.
Trying to do the same thing forty years from now working from memory...