Old May 21st 19, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Implausible Time Records

Well then, since I rig the wings in the hangar area and then tow the
glider to the apron for final prep before take off, I'll turn on the CN
devices at that time.Â* Some times it's an hour or more before I take
off.Â* That should give the hardware plenty of time to figure out what
time it is.

Griping hat on...Â* We're not planning a nuclear strike here, just
getting bragging rights about a meaningless fun flight.Â* It's ridiculous
that OLC acts like the bully on the play ground, enforcing unnecessary
rules.Â* Griping hat off...

On 5/20/2019 9:06 PM, Dave Leonard wrote:
Check the discussion he
https://portal.u-blox.com/s/question...g-not-asserted

On Monday, May 20, 2019 at 8:34:07 PM UTC-6, Dave Leonard wrote:
Maybe has to do with waiting to get the current almanac to know how many leap seconds to apply to received GPS time to get to UTC time used for the logs? Waiting for the whole message can take over 10 minutes.

--
Dan, 5J