Old February 24th 18, 12:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Looking for Dennis Gallotti low-altitude visual effects letter

On Friday, February 23, 2018 at 4:13:19 PM UTC-7, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Friday, February 23, 2018 at 6:05:21 PM UTC-5, Paul Agnew wrote:
At some point, we should get a volunteer team together to create
a searchable database of all past issues of Soaring by article title...

Converting the entire archive to searchable text is doable...
I think Dennis's note was a "Letter to the Editor" but I'm not sure.

I think the name you may be looking for is Dennis Gaiotti. The Soaring Archive is word searchable, especially with the correct terms, wildcards, and quotes.

Frank Whiteley