Old February 24th 18, 12:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Looking for Dennis Gallotti low-altitude visual effects letter

On Friday, February 23, 2018 at 5:16:10 PM UTC-7, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Friday, February 23, 2018 at 4:13:19 PM UTC-7, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Friday, February 23, 2018 at 6:05:21 PM UTC-5, Paul Agnew wrote:
At some point, we should get a volunteer team together to create
a searchable database of all past issues of Soaring by article title...

Converting the entire archive to searchable text is doable...
I think Dennis's note was a "Letter to the Editor" but I'm not sure.

I think the name you may be looking for is Dennis Gaiotti. The Soaring Archive is word searchable, especially with the correct terms, wildcards, and quotes.

Frank Whiteley

Number of articles with "low altitude turns", but several are later. Hope you find it.

Bob "Bookshelf" Whelan may chime in with the item anytime, or not.

Frank Whiteley