Old November 24th 04, 09:38 AM
MC

Andrew Gideon wrote:

Can anyone provide a pointer to some hardware/software usable on a portable
computer (Microsoft's CE, or perhaps even XP on a small system) that
provides a backup AI solution using "solid state gyros" (accelerometers?
altitude heading reference system?). I'm looking for something that I can
run on a system also running Airgator's NavAir product.

Bluetooth-speaking would be especially interesting.

Your really don't want much ! g

Anyway.., make sure you're siting down and look at ;
http://www.bluemountainavionics.com/
and
http://www.xbow.com/

Actually, I've recently started to make my own pseudo AHI,
(mostly as an microprocessor exercise), but also to provide
a backup to the vacuumn-driven DI and AH.

A couple of dual-axis accelerometers, a GPS feed,
3-axis magnetic sensors, and some maths...
easy! (he says with a big g)
Initially I'll use a laptop and later a PDA.