Old August 1st 06, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jonathan Goodish

Default DUATS and LockMart

In article gOCzg.10285$RD.1633@fed1read08,
"Jay Beckman" wrote:

Hey All...

I may have misinterpreted what I read, but did anyone else recently see any
mention of a possible plan to take DUATS out of the realm of competitive
bidding, give it soley to LockMart who would then remove it's status as an
"official" source of Wx info?

I haven't heard anything about it being removed as an official source of
weather info, but then again, I don't much care about my weather sources
being official. Even if LM took over DUATS, I don't know why the FAA
would remove it as an official source of weather information.

JKG