Old January 27th 08, 11:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Erik Braun

Default l'Hotellier on EB28

rlovinggood wrote:

Do other current design open class ships use automatic connections?
eta

I don't know about this one.

Duo-Discus X

The Duo X, XL and earlier versions all have automatic Hänle connections.

Nimbus 4

At least the single seater version uses Hotellier hookups.

ASH-25

Also no automatic hookups, but Hotellier.

ASH-31 (isn't that the next big two seater from Poppenhausen?)

You mean the ASH-30, which will have automatic Hänle connections on the
inner wing. It seems to be difficult to build them into the outer wing,
though.
http://www.alexander-schleicher.de/p...ash30_main.htm

Antares

has automatic Hänle connections.

DG-1000

uses automatic connections, too, but of a different kind. It's a torsion
linkage, to which I can't find any pictures at the moment. DG has used them
for some time, though. I think, the DG-500 has the same ones built in.

Erik Braun,
Akaflieg Karlsruhe,
South-West Germany.