Old August 27th 03, 01:20 PM
Justin Case

I totally agree, but they always stated it was a liability issue to
show the terrain and obstructions. Let's hope that they do not do
away with it now that they own UPSAT. Keep your fingers crossed.

What we may see is the UPSAT brand name on all of the aviation items.
Garmin has been wanting out of aviation for a while and now that
Gary's gone, maybe Min will be able to do what he pleases. Also, you
must agree that there's more money in the masses. GPS for personal
use, autos, boats vehicle tracking, etc.

On 26 Aug 2003 20:13:24 -0700, Bob Fry wrote:

Until Garmin starts offering terrain and obstacle data, why get their
units?