Old March 24th 04, 09:15 PM
Dave Pearson

* Carl Frisk :

Yup, been my experience that the last thing you ever want to do with a
software project is to hire more people. Just makes the project later and
of less quality.

Indeed. Actually, now I come to think of it, I do seem to recall that TMMM
isn't lost on Microsoft 'cos I'm sure it got mentioned in /Show Stopper/
(the story of the development if Windows NT).

I suppose one exception would be you could add 1 or 2
extremely talented testers who have worked with the group before.

Oh, you don't want testers; they just find problems and slow you down. ;

The
Mythical Man Month is an excellent read.

Sure is. It's a long time since I read it, I should probably go and read it
again.

.. o O ( Hmm, I see that SimRadar are abusing this newsgroup too. I got an )
( unsolicited email from them telling me that you'd followed up my )
( post and telling me I had to opt-out of that facility. Grr. )

--
Dave Pearson
http://www.davep.org/