Old April 20th 04, 04:45 PM
EDR

In article XJ9hc.23854$hw5.38823@attbi_s53, Jay Honeck
wrote:

Bob, thank you for your advice. Preparation and having another pilot in
the right seat would indeed be the ticket,

I'll "Second" the second pilot recommendation.

Having Mary in the right seat, re-reading the NOTAM to me as we approach LAL
(or OSH), is standard operating procedure for us. This last-minute review
is very helpful, and keeps me on the straight and narrow when my head is on
a swivel, and I'm trying to maintain spacing behind a Cessna 120.

A second pilot is also good for spotting traffic, tuning radios, and just
double-checking whatever you're doing. There's a LOT going on during those
last five minutes before landing at a big airshow, and two heads are
definitely better than one.

And let's not forget the kids in the back with the incentive of 25
cents/plane spotted. My kids may a couple bucks each just on the
arrival.