Old May 17th 04, 03:53 AM
Tom Seim

A bit of snippage might make your comments clearer, such as, which
actions, stopping flying, standing on the ground, or not pushing the
edges?

Which conclusions? That I choose not to be in the same airspace with
the one mentioned first, that I don't want to see any more crashes, or
not take chances?

The first crash, two dead, one survivor, drove home the consequences
quite nicely. one does not forget that.

For whatever reasons you removed yourself from an active pilot status.
You have alluded to safety margins below your personal minimums. This
is indicative of a pilot recognizing their limitations. I don't think
that you witnessed a tragedy and then had a vision, totally out of the
blue, that the sport was dangerous beyond your expectations. I think
your doubts were there all along and the accident merely forced you
into admitting what you were always thinking in the back of your mind.

As always, these are my opinions and your conclusions may differ.

Tom