Old March 28th 05, 02:30 AM
vincent p. norris

2005 - 1946 = 59 years.= almost 2 x 30. When did you
retire?!?!?!?!?

I didn't serve long enough to retire. I got out in 1953.

Because of a childhood injury, I was 4F in the draft--physically unfit
for duty. But I wanted to fly, so I tried to get into the Navy V-5
program. No soap.

Then I heard I could enlist in the marines and be guaranteed a chance
to take a test for flight training. By telling a few fibs about my
physical condition, I passed the physical and even survived Paris
Island.

I passed the test for flight training, too, and was sent to college
for two years and then to Pensacola. I got my wings in 1951 and kept
passing passing physicals until 1953 when a nosy flight surgeon
decided I really wasn't fit to fly Uncle Sam's airplanes (which I had
already done for about 1400 hours) so I was discharged.

I never had a set of dress blues, either.

vince norris