Old August 15th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cliff Hilty

Default EW B-Model flight recorder

Obviously, you have figured out how to turn it on.
mine has a breif description of functions on the back
of the unit. But if I remember correctly. press on
off off to to turn the unit off, on and step through
the setup to set time, day, year, user #, interval
in seconds, and it starts recording. if you want to
see the battery level you press on, 3, time, this will
show a 400 to 500 battery level, if it is lower than
that it will gjive you an err code, I think it is 6,
other codes include low memory, memory out, ect. It
was originally designed to output directly to a printer
and to get it to downlaod you will need ew windows
uploader program and a serial port or adaptor only
a belkin usb to serial adaptors have proven to work.
It has limited memory and setting it at a 8 second
interval will only give you around 6-8 hours of flight
time. I set mine to 12 or 16 to make sure I get everything
on those long flights or 2 flight before downloading.
Oh yea when you first turn it on it tell you how much
memory is remaining and asks if you want to save it.
There is also a feature that I don't use that allows
you to set a higher sample rate and when you short
out two pins in the connector it goes into a 2 second
sample rate for two minutes when you get close to a
turn point for quicker turns. I never used that feature.
hope this helps.

At 19:06 15 August 2006, Bds wrote:
I have an old EW B model flight recorder with no manual.
Is anyone familiar
with this device willing to post a quick list of the
keyboard functions?

I have figured out the basics and can get it to record
from my GPS - I just
want to know how to access all of the functions, or
as many as someone might
be willing to spend the time typing out.

BDS