Old August 15th 08, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
John Carrier

Default Farewell, Buckeye (T-2C)!

SNIP

DD showed us a photograph of his face taken in the hospital several days
after the incident. You wouldn't believe how he looked. To me he looked
like he had been in a fight with a T Rex who had done a job on his face.
Every capillary in his eyes was ruptured and he was puffed out like no
tomorrow.

Best news was that they both survived. DD became a banker out in Ca.

--
Dudley Henriques

My VF-191 XO had an experience in the photo F-8 in which he experienced
considerable negative G. Ruptured the capilaries in the eyeballs. Blue
eyes amidst a solid red field. New callsign? Why "REDEYE" of course. Docs
told him he dodged a real bullet.

R / John

PS. You know what I like best about the Crusader community? The sea
stories are outrageous and they're all TRUE.