Old November 25th 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default Pegasus or ....?

On Nov 23, 9:43 am, Mike125 wrote:
I'm looking to move up a level from my ASW 15. Ideally, I'd like an LS
4 but they are few and far between. A couple of Pegasuses (Pegasi?)
are listed on W&W and seem to be reasonably priced for what you get. I
am in the US and am aware of the 3000 hr issue but don't fly enough
for that to be a factor with the ones I've seen.

Consider the ASW-19 or ASW-19B. Performance of my 19b was as good as
any Pegasus I flew with and you don't inherit the life limit problem.
Cost of used 19's is a lot less than the LS-4 and the performance
difference is not great.

When considering if you want experiment or standard airworthiness
cerificate don't forget to consider your life insurance needs if you
have a family. Some, perhaps many, insurance companies will make
flying experimental aircraft an uninsured risk.

Andy