Old November 26th 07, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
connekt

Default Pegasus or ....?

For the best of my knowledge the Pegasus is a France-produced version
of the ASW 19, with some marginal modifications. Good ship and very
stable, but I think you won't see much difference compared to the ASW
15. The real step-up on my opinion would be the ASW 20 (the L version
even better), which can really give you some satisfactions. On the
flip side, it requires attention in certain conditions, nothing
impossible but it's definitely less forgiving than the ASW 15, 19 or
the various Discus or LS4. But still the ASW 20 seems to be the best
bang for the buck.

On Nov 23, 8:43 am, Mike125 wrote:
I'm looking to move up a level from my ASW 15. Ideally, I'd like an LS
4 but they are few and far between. A couple of Pegasuses (Pegasi?)
are listed on W&W and seem to be reasonably priced for what you get. I
am in the US and am aware of the 3000 hr issue but don't fly enough
for that to be a factor with the ones I've seen. After looking through
the RAS archives it seems that parts and support were/are an issue.
The most recent of these posts are from 2003. Can I assume that
support hasn't gotten any better? What are you Pegasus drivers
experiencing these days?

As an aside, my ASW 15 had an Experimental certificate when I bought
it. The original owner had a water ballast system installed and the
certificate changed from Standard to Experimental. The system had been
mostly removed when I bought it. I finished the process and had the
certificate changed back to Standard. My questions are 1) how
difficult is it to make the change from Standard to Experimental? and
2) wouldn't this make repairs a little less difficult?

Anyone have a nice LS 4 they are willing to part with?

Mike