Old November 26th 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michel Talon

Default Pegasus or ....?

connekt wrote:
For the best of my knowledge the Pegasus is a France-produced version
of the ASW 19, with some marginal modifications.

Completely false. Only the fuselage is basically the same, the wings are
totally different. The handling and performances is better than
the ASW19, and much much better than the ASW15.

Good ship and very
stable, but I think you won't see much difference compared to the ASW
15.

The Pegase has the same performances as the LS4 and not much
different to the ASW20. The only problem, but very serious, is the
3000 hours limitation in the US. On the other hand it is far cheaper
than all those gliders, thanks to being produced in France.

The real step-up on my opinion would be the ASW 20 (the L version
even better), which can really give you some satisfactions. On the
flip side, it requires attention in certain conditions, nothing
impossible but it's definitely less forgiving than the ASW 15, 19 or
the various Discus or LS4. But still the ASW 20 seems to be the best
bang for the buck.

--

Michel TALON