Old April 7th 21, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Default new SSA web site

I received the new web site announcement email from the SSA on April 1 saying that in the next 24 hours I would get a link to reset my password. It is now April 7 and nothing thus far (yep, I checked spam). Reading above it seems others have received the link. Am I the only one left in the cold? Out of curiosity I clicked on the Login button (upper right) and all I see is the "Not a member, want to join?" message.

- Yes, the rollout should have been done in the fall, not in the spring, so as not to impact the heart of the soaring season.
- Yes, the first "public" incarnation should have been via an alternate URL..
- Yes, the denizens of RAS should have collectively been asked to test and make comments.
- Yes, the password should not need to be 12 digits long. This is not a bank or the NSA. It's ok to require a special character, upper case, number, etc.
- Yes, impacting low speed access users is bad. Every event I have been to has low speed internet.
- Yes, needing two logins is strange. Must be a two phased rollout.
- Yes, captcha is an annoyance. Hopefully, a cookie is set to remember that I am one of the good guys.
- Yes, not being able to click "Remember me" at login is bad.

My $0.02.

- John (OHM)