Old September 19th 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Al[_2_]

Default Condensation in hangar

Where are you in the northwest?

I assume that you have a metal roof. It needs to be insulated. My
rented hanger has an uninsulated metal roof. When frost or snow
accumulates on the roof, then is warmed by the sun: drippy ceiling.
Conversely, my shop building at home has a metal roof with 2 inches of
fiberglas insulation: No drip. No wet insulation.

Al
KSFF/Spokane, WA

karl gruber wrote:
After a snow here in the NW, we often get the "pineapple Express," warm
moist air from Hawaii.

This causes a huge amount of water to condense in my hangar. The floor will
have 1/8 inch of water on it. This has only happened once in 5 years. But
today I bought a couple of big fans and plan to cut holes in the hangar door
and continuously vent with the fans.

Do you think I should blow air in, or out. Or should one be in and the other
out. Or is this just a dumb idea and something else would work much better.
The builder of the hangar did not consider condensation and there are no
roof vents.

Best,
Karl
"curator"