Old September 19th 07, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
karl gruber[_1_]

Default Condensation in hangar

I wish my hangar were so tight!

It would take more money than I'd like to spend to somehow screen off the
hangar doors (they are on both sides and you can drive straight through) and
insulate the other walls. I am hoping to do this with venting....but don't
know.

Karl

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message
et...
My uninsulated, unheated, drafty hangar would do this with regularity. My
insulated, heated, tight as a drum hangar never does it. I think the key
is keeping the insides warm which keeps the humidity down. When the warm
moist air does make an appearance it seems the low humidity in the hangar
is able to absorb the added moisture without condensing.

"karl gruber" wrote in message
After a snow here in the NW, we often get the "pineapple Express," warm
moist air from Hawaii.

This causes a huge amount of water to condense in my hangar. The floor
will have 1/8 inch of water on it. This has only happened once in 5
years. But today I bought a couple of big fans and plan to cut holes in
the hangar door and continuously vent with the fans.

Do you think I should blow air in, or out. Or should one be in and the
other out. Or is this just a dumb idea and something else would work much
better. The builder of the hangar did not consider condensation and there
are no roof vents.

Best,
Karl
"curator"