Old April 29th 11, 03:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default SeeYou v4.01 Maps

Hi John,

I can't seem to find anything about buying any vector map product. However,
they do state that they are now using a newer version of the vector maps
"based on OpenStreetMaps.org".

I'm pretty sure that all their vector maps are free. In version 4.x they
are automatically downloaded when you view a map or flight - which is very
nice.

All the satellite image maps are also free.
http://www.naviter.si/download/satel....php?Itemid=27

So are their U.S. Sectional Chart maps.
http://www.naviter.si/download/us-se....php?Itemid=27

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"jcarlyle" wrote in message
On the Naviter site, when you upgrade from SeeYou v3.95 to v4.01,
you're presented with an opportunity to buy Vector Maps. I searched
the Naviter site and their forums, and didn't find any information as
to why you might want to buy the Vector Map product. The description
of v4.01 of SeeYou clearly states that it downloads "vector maps from
the cloud", so the Vector Map product doesn't seem to offer any
value.

Can anyone on RAS tell me what increase in content, resolution or
performance one would realize by buying the Vector Maps product? If
someone has comments about the Naviter Satellite Images product, would
you please pass them on, too?

Thanks!

-John