Old April 5th 21, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Larry Ruggiero

Default Pawnee air-oil bear strut pressure

On Monday, April 5, 2021 at 2:11:19 PM UTC-4, Larry Ruggiero wrote:
On Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at 8:24:22 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 9:37:44 PM UTC-5, Charles Longley wrote:
OK I give up. What part are you talking about?

Charlie
Pilot/ A&P

Larry, all you need to do is call Dan at Aerial Banners in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Dan is the most knowledgeable person around concerning Pawnee's, he operates about 60 of them and his rebuild shop is impressive. Tell him that I sent you, he will be the best contact available for Pawnee information. Bob

Thanks all. To close this out, I just finished overhauling its left strut with new O-rings and backup rings, and it’s fairly straightforward, although the fact that it’s now weeping 5606 out the bottom weep hole tells me that its days are numbered and we’ll probably convert to the hydrosorb/bungee struts after this season. Also the carb airbox wasn’t as worn as I thought and just needed new rubber bushings, which took awhile to get. Btw, the person referenced at Aerial Banners never returned my call.

Larry Ruggiero, A&P/IA
Carolina Soaring Association