Old March 29th 10, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja[_2_]

Default brake bleeding

Pintlar wrote:
Marchetti SA1
yr unknown.
Can anyone tell me if one has to vacumn at the wheel cylinders and apply
fluid at the brake pedal cylinder?
Or is it best (easier) to vacumn at the brake pedal and insert fluid at the
wheel?
This is for a friend and he has no books for his plane.
Also, what should the cylinder head pressure be on a 4 cylinder Lyc 150 or
160 hp?
. . in advance . . .thanks.

Standard practice is to open the cap at the master cylinder, and pump
brake fluid in from the wheel cylinder. Most wheel cylinders include a
small valve/nipple that will accept a small nylon tube. For pumping the
brake fluid, I use an inexpensive hand pump that's usually used for oil.

Aircraft engines aren't normally testing for cylinder head pressure the
same way car engines are. They are tested for leakage using an air
compressor and a specialized differential pressure gauge. See:

http://www.littleflyers.com/engcomp.htm

Ron Wanttaja