Old June 1st 17, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Letter to the FAA

At least on my DG400, my first CG hook glider, which I self launch most of the time, when I do take tows, mostly at contest, trim full forward for tow (as per the manual), makes it a no brainer.

Even at Mifflin at the Sports Class Nationals where we had some very sporty wind on a couple of the days, it was no harder than a nose hook, and even had some advantages because you were able to crab into the wind and not drag the tail of the town plane around on crosswind days.

Kevin
92