Old January 15th 04, 03:28 PM
F.L. Whiteley

"Mike Jendrzey" wrote in message
. ..
Recent TRIVIA postings resurrected two old questions rattling around
in the back of my mind.

1) Years ago, before I got into soaring, I saw or read a story on
actor Christopher Reeves showing him standing next to "his" glider --
just one of his many hobbies. Shortly after his most unfortunate
accident I noticed a LS-4 for sale by someone named Reeves (family
member?). Was that his glider? Isn't he something like 6'4/5" tall?
Didn't know the LS-4 had that much leg room.

2) Anyone know if actor/pilot John Travolta has ever tried soaring? A
high-profile guy like that could give the sport some visibility.

B7

There was a spot on Christopher Reeves on one of the evening feature
programs maybe 15-20 years ago with him flying an ASW-20.

Frank Whiteley