Old August 8th 03, 03:21 PM
Badwater Bill

"It's light blue."
"No, it's light gray."
"What?!? It's white!"
"No way stupid, it's light blue!"
"Light gray!"
"White, moron! White, white, WHITE!"

So there may have been more to his clearance revocation than just the
one statement:-)

Mike

There probably was, but there needn't have been. I've had people
under me I had to go to battle for over ridiculous things similar to
this. Once the security root-worms get you in their sights, you
become interesting to them. They then start digging. All of what
they can dig up can be circumstantial, doesn't matter. If they can
simply tell a reasonably convincing story that your "Character" might
not be good, you lose the clearance.

Yes, it can be based upon their perception of your "Character" and
that alone. I've seen it happen. I think the FAA has acted about as
poorly in some cases since a certificate is not a right, it's a
privilege.

Dr. Strangewater