Old July 23rd 08, 07:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default How do weather services get sky conditions above the surface?

Ricky writes:

Anthony, this may have already been suggested to you in the past.
Why don't you start taking flying lessons?

No money, no time. I doubt that I could pass any of the exams as well.

You will enjoy the real thing so much more than your simulator and you
will learn the answer to all these questions quickly.

I doubt that this particular question would be answered in a piloting
curriculum.

I might enjoy it more; I might not. There are some distinct advantages to
simulation, such as the fact that I don't actually have to go anywhere just to
fly, and when I'm finished flying in a sim, I'm still right at home.

The best & most economical way to learn is to enroll in a part 141
college with aviation or go the LSA or recreational pilot route.

I can't afford any type of flying instruction, nor do I have enough free time
to dedicate to it. Simulation is orders of magnitude cheaper (making it
affordable for me), and requires only the time spent flying or (voluntarily)
studying.

We used a simulator extensively for instrument instruction, which I
found to be more challenging than the real airplane.

I've heard varying stories on which is more difficult, sim or real life.

All kinds of financing is available, from federal grants & loans to
thousands of other financing options.

I don't have any money to pay anything back.

There really is little reason why one who wants to fly cannot learn.
You can do it...

Not at this time. Perhaps at certain points in the past. Today I just don't
have the resources. But simulation isn't as bad as many people seem to think.