Old February 19th 16, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JCK

Default Which sustainer system would you chose for your sailplane?

On Sunday, September 23, 2012 at 6:55:26 AM UTC+1, Luka Žnidaršič wrote:
Dear gliderpilots!

Manufacturers are not completely sure which is the way to go. So here you can vote for your favorite sustainer system:

http://www.front-electric-sustainer.com/voting.php

Thank you,

Luka

It's interesting to see all your perspectives.
Personally, instant action without trim change wins every time....
Having witnessed a number of near misses, waiting for pylon extraction/engine firing - not to mention how the added pressure to pilot workload affects judgement. Sorry, for me it's a no-brainer.
The only real issue (for me), is the matter of span/vs weight sufficient that 13.5m span is enough?

Thanks

John