Old October 4th 03, 10:27 AM

"Trentus" wrote:

recent unexpected inheritance than spend it on a CPL (H)
The minimum wage was around $34,000 which is only $6 grand more than what I
made last year as a cleaner (janitor for the US readers) and rises to about
$48,456. Now bearing in mind these are $-Aus not $US, those are very poor

Have you considered a CFI license? Over here, a lot of guys get that
before going all out commercial. That way, other people are paying
you to get more hours in a helicopter. I don't know anything about
the license structure over in AU, but I assume its similar.

Yet to do a $10,000 IT degree, with guaranteed placement afterwards, would

Guaranteed placemment? I hope that this is correct, but here in the
states, an IT degree is currently one of the worst possible degrees
you can get. There are no jobs once you get it and you are considered
too old to do the work when you hit 30 years of age. Of course,
you'll never here that bit of truth from any school. This applies
advanced IT degrees as well.

I suggest that if you are looking for a carreer change that you first
look in the newspaper and find what fields are actually hiring. Where
I live, the medical field takes up the largest percentage of
employment ads. The IT field, when listed at all, takes up the
smallest.

Good luck.

Dennis.

Dennis Hawkins
n4mwd AT amsat DOT org (humans know what to do)

"A RECESSION is when you know somebody who is out of work.
A DEPRESSION is when YOU are out of work.
A RECOVERY is when all the H-1B's are out of work."
To find out what an H-1B is and how they are putting
Americans out of work, visit the following web site
and click on the "Exporting America" CNN news video:
http://zazona.com/ShameH1B/MediaClips.htm