Old May 28th 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc

Default Busted TFR, what to expect?

The TFR's I don't like are the pop up Fire Fighting Ones...

Yea, Call and get a weather briefer check for TFR's along the route anf
there are "NO" TFR's along the route!!! you are on flight following center
says NXXXXX TFR 5 miles straight ahead off XXX radial of XXX VOR present
heading will put you in the middle of Said TFR Suggest heading of XXX Until
advised. You call up flight watch on 122.0 and 1 hour prior the TFR was
issued you called 2.5 hours ago.

I make it a habit when flying in fire prone areas of the US to check about
every hour or two for any pop up TFR's and any other notams along the route
and also give a pirep on the current conditions.

"bob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Seems I busted a VIP TFR Monday near Sacramento (VP Cheney was in town
raising money for a couple of congressmen). On landing at my
destination I was asked by the airport manager to call an ATC number,
who got my info and said they would forward it to the local FSDO as a
"pilot deviation". I'm not disputing that I indeed was ignorant of the
TFR and violated it.

So what can I expect? I've already figured out that the Secret Service
isn't going to arrest me. My biggest concern is what it will do to my
insurance costs when I renew next year. Should I bother filing the
NASA ASRS form? Since I'm a PP-ASEL and flying is a hobby, I don't
otherwise care a lot if my license is suspended for a time or I end up
with a record.