Old June 4th 20, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hightime

Default Fatal Towplane Accident 5-9-20

If you don’t physically push (lightly ) up on canopy after it is closed and locked you will have a inflight opening eventually. A tried and true failsafe
Just watch and see who at your club is actually doing that final crucial piece of the puzzle
Once I pushed lightly up just before launch and couldn’t believe I had forgotten to lock the canopy , it was at a different airport and things were different , or I was , I had opened the canopy more then once The final push revealed the sin
Watch for sinners and tongue lash them