Old September 5th 05, 07:22 AM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Jay Honeck wrote:
If you are a cop in the midst of a disaster, shoot looters. When you do,
you
keep order, save lives and property.

Mary and I were just discussing this. Were this happening in Iowa, the
police would have to push through a pile of bodies to get to our hotel, in
order to find out what had happened.

I was thinking back to the Rodney King riots: the only Korean shopkeepers who
still have shops stood in front of them with guns and kept the predators away.
As I pointed out to my anti-gun father, at least one person in this family is
prepared to deal with civil unrest. And now it doesn't seem all that
implausible.... I live in a major financial center with two nuclear power plants
within 30 miles.

I'm not inclined to go along quietly myself. G

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE