Old October 12th 07, 11:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John B

Default A Different Kind of Taxiway

"P50" wrote in message

"John B" wrote in message

Sorry John given your response was after mine and included my text in
regards to Essendon Airport I thought you were referring to such. Not the
other location you mention. Apologies to you.

The new crossing system with the gates at Essendon have been installed in
what was previously a dead end road. There has been some major
redevelopment works at Essendon and this has included new hangers and
buildings in most parts of the property.

If you have a look at the Google Earth image I've attached I have edited
in where the new gates and crossing have been installed and marked where
some of the new buildings are. (Very crude guide)
There is also another inroad being built to the Airport up towards the end
of Runway 17.

New hangers have been built near where the Air Ambulance base is also as
well as numerous new buildings inside the centre of the main airport
roads.

Thank you for that - it's certainly becoming a busy little place now.

Mind you it had its moments when it was Melbourne Airport - particularly on
a Friday evening.

John B