Old June 1st 09, 06:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Veeduber[_2_]

Default The Home-made Home-builders Engine

Lots of interesting ideas coming out. I've been doodling with them
using DeltaCAD. Trying to do an isometric of a V6 crankshaft is
enough to make you wanna go back to steam. Ditto for air-cooling.
Another ditto for valve trains.

Backing off, looking at the project from a different perspective, it
seems I'm more into details than basic concepts.

An exchange of messages with a fellow who actually works with the Lost
Foam process: when asked how fine I could go with details, he said to
go as fine as I like -- that producing the part was HIS task. Which
is kinda like money from home when you're trying to work out valve
train details. Some oil channels may have to be cleaned up with a
drill but the hole would still be there. Ditto for the fins. I spend
two hours on the thing before realizing I've got to do a lefty and a
righty.