Old June 1st 09, 09:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb[_2_]

Default The Home-made Home-builders Engine

Veeduber wrote:
Lots of interesting ideas coming out. I've been doodling with them
using DeltaCAD. Trying to do an isometric of a V6 crankshaft is
enough to make you wanna go back to steam. Ditto for air-cooling.
Another ditto for valve trains.

Backing off, looking at the project from a different perspective, it
seems I'm more into details than basic concepts.

Big picture stuff?

Start with a way to hold the cylinders in place without pulling the case apart.

Second to the fin heat limits, that's the biggest problem with VWs.
The cylinder (and head) hold downs just thread into the case.